Yumi is looking for a fiercely talented Graphic Designer to join our fast growing team. We're obsessed with food, kids and great design and are looking for a bold eye to kick off a number of digital and physical projects we have on the horizon!
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Design and develop digital and print assets for various platforms. This includes web assets/ pages, emails, digital banners, social/shareable assets, animations, printed assets, mailers, packaging, presentation decks, etc.
- Able to understand and apply brand guidelines across all assets. Ensure on-brand continuity in visual messaging across all channels, while pushing the proverbial envelope with bold, not-phoned-in-designs.
- Work closely with creative director and our head of content.
- Able to take direction and run, creating variations of comps provided by our in house creative.
- Work on multiple projects at once, and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Organize and maintain all assets
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design or comparable degree/experience
- 3+ years’ experience in graphic design or related field is a plus but if you are super talented, super hungry and ready to jump into an emerging start-up we will take a look at your portfolio.
- Adobe Creative Suite mastery essential - Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Lightroom at the least.
- Proficient in Figma
- Mac system/software
- Strong command of best design practices across digital platforms
- Must have a strong portfolio that shows versatility and strong command of typography and layout.
- Experience working with a variety of touchpoints; packaging, branding, advertising, displays, dielines, and websites.
- Familiarity with health, wellness, social trends
- Possess a track record of achieving excellence through relentless collaboration, communication, patience
- Ability to work normal business hours and additional hours as needed
Absolute Must Haves:
- Boldly creative
- Ambitious to deliver exceptional product
- Positive, team player
- Well organized
- Excellent communication skills
To be considered, candidates must submit resume AND relevant portfolio that demonstrates design knowledge and execution.
Only qualified candidates who submit a portfolio will be contacted.
Based in Los Angeles, Yumi is a nutrition brand transforming the way parents approach mealtime with healthier meals and content tailored to your baby and delivered direct to your door.
A passionate team of parents, nutritionists, engineers and people who are simply committed to a healthier future, we were appalled by the glut of highly processed, nutrient-poor options at the grocery store. We believe families deserve better options especially for the first 1,000 days -- a period recognized by the scientific community as the most important period in a human’s life for nutrition and development. Through nutrition and content rooted in science, we want to help parents connect the dots between food and development and raise the standards of the entire market for childhood nutrition. We’re well-funded, rapidly-growing and sparking a national movement that’s transforming a $48 billion industry. If you’re stoked by our mission and have an entrepreneurial-go-get-em-fire, we’d love to add you to the fam. Let’s raise a healthier generation together!M
More reasons to join Yumi :
- Since launching in late 2017, Yumi has become a leader in childhood nutrition, with extensive coverage in the New York Times, New Yorker, CNN, Fast Company, goop, Vogue, WSJ, Food & Wine. We’ve also backed by some of the top luminaries in consumer, including the founders of Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Uber, Allbirds, Casper. You’ll have access to Yumi’s extensive network of company advisors, who represent some of the most notable names in the tech industry.
- Equity Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Benefits (health insurance, dental, vision insurance)
- Stocked kitchen: drinks, snacks
- Regular fireside chats with industry leaders
You can read more about our recent press here: NY Times, INC, CNN, CNBC, Forbes, and Mashable.