Based in Los Angeles, Yumi is a nutrition brand transforming the way parents approach mealtime with healthier meals and content tailored to your baby and delivered direct to your door.
A passionate team of parents, nutritionists, engineers and people who are simply committed to a healthier future, we were appalled by the glut of highly processed, nutrient poor options at the grocery store. We believe families deserve better options especially for the first 1,000 days -- a period recognized by the scientific community as the most important period in a human’s life for nutrition and development. Through nutrition and content rooted in science, we want to help parents connect the dots between food and development and raise the standards of the entire market for childhood nutrition. We’re well-funded, rapidly-growing and sparking a national movement that’s transforming a $48 billion industry.
If you’re stoked by our mission and have an entrepreneurial-go-get-em-fire, we’d love to add you to the fam. Let’s raise a healthier generation together!
- Since launching in late 2017, Yumi has become a leader in childhood nutrition, with extensive coverage in the New York Times, New Yorker, CNN, Fast Company, goop, Vogue, WSJ, Food & Wine. We’ve also backed by some of the top luminaries in consumer, including the founders of Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Uber, Allbirds, Casper. You’ll have access to Yumi’s extensive network of company advisors, who represent some of the most notable names in the tech industry.
- Equity Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Benefits (health insurance, dental, vision insurance)
- Stocked kitchen: drinks, snacks
- Regular fireside chats with industry leaders
You can read more about our recent press here: NY Times, INC, CNN, CNBC, Forbes, and Mashable.
In your position, you will:
- Provide executive support and general administrative support for the leadership team.
- Coordinate “front-of-house,” keeping the office running smoothly.
- Help the team with scheduling, planning and travel logistics whenever needed.
- Plan fun off-sites, team dinners, culture-building events and happiness-oriented activities.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents.
- File and retrieve corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Greet visitors and decide if they should be able to meet with executives.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed.
We’re looking for someone with:
- In-depth understanding of the entire MS Office and Google suites.
- Experience handling bookkeeping tasks.
- The ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level of verbal and written communication skills are critical -- all correspondences should be spell-checked and grammatically sharp.
- The ability to preside over office related tasks: handle copy services, word processing, mail and distribution services, office reception, office equipment, utility service, communication systems, meeting bookings.
- The ability to thrive under a fast-moving start-up environment.