Based in Los Angeles, Yumi is a nutrition brand transforming the way parents approach mealtime with healthier meals and content tailored to your baby and delivered direct to your door.
A passionate team of parents, nutritionists, engineers and people who are simply committed to a healthier future, we were appalled by the glut of highly processed, nutrient poor options at the grocery store. We believe families deserve better options especially for the first 1,000 days -- a period recognized by the scientific community as the most important period in a human’s life for nutrition and development. Through nutrition and content rooted in science, we want to help parents connect the dots between food and development and raise the standards of the entire market for childhood nutrition. We’re well-funded, rapidly-growing and sparking a national movement that’s transforming a $48 billion industry.
If you’re stoked by our mission and have an entrepreneurial-go-get-em-fire, we’d love to add you to the fam. Let’s raise a healthier generation together!
- Since launching in late 2017, Yumi has become a leader in childhood nutrition, with extensive coverage in the New York Times, New Yorker, CNN, Fast Company, goop, Vogue, WSJ, Food & Wine. We’ve also been backed by some of the top luminaries in consumer, including the founders of Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Uber, Allbirds, Casper. You’ll have access to Yumi’s extensive network of company advisors, who represent some of the most notable names in the tech industry.
- Equity Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Benefits (health insurance, dental, vision insurance)
- Stocked kitchen: drinks, snacks
- Regular fireside chats with industry leaders
We’re looking for data scientists to join the team who are excited about applying their analytical skills to improve our baby food and influence decision making. If you are naturally data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, and motivated by creating healthier, happier future generations, we want to hear from you.
You can read more about our recent press here: NY Times, INC, CNN, CNBC, Forbes, and Mashable.
In your position, you will:
- Implement end-to-end algorithmic solutions to inform marketing and business decisions in the range of millions of dollars.
- Work closely with product and business teams to identify important questions and answer them with data.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Create analyses that tell a “story” focused on insights, not just data.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems.
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills that help simplify and move complex problems forward with business partners.
- An ability to contribute ideas and direct the team’s investment to impactful directions. You’re able to identify new opportunities to improve algorithms and effectively prioritize among them.
- Experience writing code in collaborative environments.
- A balance between rigor and pragmatism.