Based in Los Angeles, Yumi is a nutrition brand transforming the way parents approach mealtime with healthier meals and content tailored to your baby and delivered direct to your door.
A passionate team of parents, nutritionists, engineers and people who are simply committed to a healthier future, we were appalled by the glut of highly processed, nutrient-poor options at the grocery store. We believe families deserve better options especially for the first 1,000 days -- a period recognized by the scientific community as the most important period in a human’s life for nutrition and development. Through nutrition and content rooted in science, we want to help parents connect the dots between food and development and raise the standards of the entire market for childhood nutrition. We’re well-funded, rapidly-growing and sparking a national movement that’s transforming a $48 billion industry.
If you’re stoked by our mission and have an entrepreneurial-go-get-em-fire, we’d love to add you to the fam. Let’s raise a healthier generation together!
- Since launching in late 2017, Yumi has become a leader in childhood nutrition, with extensive coverage in the New York Times, New Yorker, CNN, Fast Company, goop, Vogue, WSJ, Food & Wine. We’ve also backed by some of the top luminaries in consumer, including the founders of Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Uber, Allbirds, Casper. You’ll have access to Yumi’s extensive network of company advisors, who represent some of the most notable names in the tech industry.
- Equity Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Benefits (health insurance, dental, vision insurance)
- Regular fireside chats with industry leaders
You can read more about our recent press here: NY Times, INC, CNN, CNBC, Forbes, and Mashable.
We're looking for a Director of Community to join our fast growing team.
- Lead brand partnership, influencer, community-building and experiential strategy on a local and national level, on and offline.
- Identify and validate partnership opportunities to promote brand awareness, provide access to new customer acquisition opportunities, and differentiate Yumi from the competition.
- Lead our external team of experts, medical professionals, etc.
- Lead affiliate marketing and the agency to support the work.
- Develop new ways to distribute our content through our owned channels and new media opportunities.
- Oversee project budgets, tasks and timelines, ensuring all milestones are met in partnership with our company project manager.
- 9+ years of experience in brand marketing with a community focus, ideally with an understanding of direct-to-consumer businesses and product marketing.
- 2+ years managing, and inspiring teams to achieve great results
- Experience building marketing strategies and plans from the ground up grounded in insights and data with a focus on ROI.
- Create high-visibility and successful campaigns and programming that excite, inform, and engage our community.
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big and deliver results.
- Strong sense of ownership and can communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Passion for food, baby/parent/kid space, the latest trends and that intersection with culture.
Yumi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) in all our employment practices to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, creed, ancestry, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity/gender expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, military status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.