We’re looking for a Social Media and Community Manager to join our growing Brand Marketing team. At Yumi, we use our social media channels not just as distribution channels, but as a way to intimately connect with followers, as well as current and prospective customers. Our new teammate will work primarily with our Brand Marketing and Content teams to create organic content and collaborate on a range of social brand projects.
In your position, you will:
- Build Yumi’s holistic social media strategy including audience growth plan, editorial calendar, and measurement framework with a focus on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Ideate on thoughtful, smart, and creative ideas for our social audience, specific to each channel. This work will also involve overseeing the execution of these ideas, ranging from writing, producing images, graphics and social video content from internet listening, memes, to thoughtful long-lead series.
- Maintain and expand our network of influencers and brand friends. Generate content ideas with our influencers, and then execute those ideas, in collaboration with our Marketing team.
- Grow and manage our social community on all platforms, work with customer service to maintain customer pulse and concerns, ensuring timely responses. Critically problem-solve common complaints by flagging trends, partnering cross-functionally to recommend and implement preventative measures.
- Develop a plan for optimal social media tool stack, taking into account the need for social listening/insight generation, cross-platform publishing, customer service / comment tracking, and measurement needs. You'll take the lead on evaluating new platforms and thinking ahead on where and how we should show up next.
- Monitor daily metrics, note trends and report actionable insights and KPI’s on a weekly basis.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 4+ years of experience working on the marketing / social media team for a consumer lifestyle company, experience in branded editorial and video development.
- At least 2 years of recent, hands-on experience creating for a social channel/channels, generating and creating stories for either a brand or media outlet. Strong understanding of how content across different social channels and platforms can build and grow a brand
- Graphic design skills (understanding how to use InDesign, Photoshop, Figma) would be a big plus.
- You’re at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; you understand the internet, social and meme culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it whilst maintaining brand safety. A keen eye for new opportunities to maximize our impact as a brand on social media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated experience of creating and leveraging content across a broad range of social media platforms.
- An organized self-starter, ability to both identify problems and propose solutions to them, as well as take direction and communicate efficiently with a small, fast-paced team. Able to adapt and adjust to ongoing social media and content needs quickly.
- A team-player attitude who's willing to jump in and get your hands dirty. Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- A passion for all things food, nutrition, and early childhood development.
- Experience reporting on results to senior leadership.
*In order to be considered for this position, please include a link to a portfolio of relevant work for our review.*
Based in Los Angeles, Yumi is a nutrition brand transforming the way parents approach mealtime with healthier meals and content tailored to your baby and delivered direct to your door.
A passionate team of parents, nutritionists, engineers and people who are simply committed to a healthier future, we were appalled by the glut of highly processed, nutrient poor options at the grocery store. We believe families deserve better options especially for the first 1,000 days -- a period recognized by the scientific community as the most important period in a human’s life for nutrition and development. Through nutrition and content rooted in science, we want to help parents connect the dots between food and development and raise the standards of the entire market for childhood nutrition. We’re well-funded, rapidly-growing and sparking a national movement that’s transforming a $48 billion industry.
If you’re stoked by our mission and have an entrepreneurial-go-get-em-fire, we’d love to add you to the fam. Let’s raise a healthier generation together!
- Since launching in late 2017, Yumi has become a leader in childhood nutrition, with extensive coverage in the New York Times, New Yorker, CNN, Fast Company, goop, Vogue, WSJ, Food & Wine. We’ve also backed by some of the top luminaries in consumer, including the founders of Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Uber, Allbirds, Casper. You’ll have access to Yumi’s extensive network of company advisors, who represent some of the most notable names in the tech industry.
- The Marketing team helps to determine the way our consumer engages with our brand, creating those experiences and touchpoints on and offline. We’re the keepers of the brand and can help shape the future of the company.
- Equity Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Benefits (health insurance, dental, vision insurance)
- Stocked kitchen: drinks, snacks
- Regular fireside chats with industry leaders
You can read more about our recent press here: NY Times, INC, CNN, CNBC, Forbes, and Mashable.