Based in Los Angeles, Yumi is a nutrition brand transforming the way parents approach mealtime with healthier meals and content tailored to your baby and delivered direct to your door.
A passionate team of parents, nutritionists, engineers and people who are simply committed to a healthier future, we were appalled by the glut of highly processed, nutrient-poor options at the grocery store. We believe families deserve better options especially for the first 1,000 days -- a period recognized by the scientific community as the most important period in a human’s life for nutrition and development. Through nutrition and content rooted in science, we want to help parents connect the dots between food and development and raise the standards of the entire market for childhood nutrition. We’re well-funded, rapidly-growing and sparking a national movement that’s transforming a $48 billion industry.
If you’re stoked by our mission and have an entrepreneurial-go-get-em-fire, we’d love to add you to the fam. Let’s raise a healthier generation together!
- Since launching in late 2017, Yumi has become a leader in childhood nutrition, with extensive coverage in the New York Times, New Yorker, CNN, Fast Company, goop, Vogue, WSJ, Food & Wine. We’ve also backed by some of the top luminaries in consumer, including the founders of Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Uber, Allbirds, Casper. You’ll have access to Yumi’s extensive network of company advisors, who represent some of the most notable names in the tech industry.
- Equity Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Benefits (health insurance, dental, vision insurance)
- Stocked kitchen: drinks, snacks
- Regular fireside chats with industry leaders
This role will lead the charge on educating parents on what Yumi can do for their children’s nutrition.
You can read more about our recent press here: NY Times, INC, CNN, CNBC, Forbes, and Mashable.
In your position, you will:
- Execute and oversee the current Yumi Guide Program which includes, but is not limited to, growing the nutrition-focused Guide team and expanding the current resources and content.
- Reach out and consult with active and prospective customers daily through email on topics such as an introduction to solid foods, allergens, and Yumi’s benefits.
- Schedule and lead phone consultations with customers during work hours.
- Communicate with and work closely as a member of the Customer Experience team who acts as a partner to parents in their daily effort to properly nourish their children with confidence.
- Serve the customers, the community, and the Yumi organization as a resource for nutrition-related information.
- Work inter-departmentally to weave a robust nutrition program throughout all aspects of the customer journey - from the digital product to helpful content and more.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 1-2 years of experience as a Registered Dietician (RD).
- The ability to recognize nutritional needs and behaviors for infants and toddlers.
- The ability to demonstrate a proficient clinical knowledge base of complex pediatric conditions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in a customer-facing environment.